Monday, September 20, 2010

An Ode to Forever 21 Jeans


Forever 21's current featured denim.

How much did your favorite pair of jeans cost? Mine cost $14. Full price.

I’ll admit it, up until about a year ago, I was, what I’ll affectionately refer to as, a jean snob. I thought that all non-designer jeans were tacky and cheap looking. I refused to be seen without some sort of recognizable embellishment on my jeans’ back pockets. I would try to rationalize my jeans splurges: if my jeans cost $200, and I wore them everyday for a year, I’d only be paying 60 cents a day for them, right? Seven jeans, True Religions, I said yes and my wallet kept thinning.

It took a while for me to ease into wearing cheap jeans. My first pair cost $40 and were from Pitaya. They were basic skinny jeans, and I was obsessed. Nowadays, I wouldn’t give a $40 pair of jeans the time of day.

Forever 21 jeans aren’t just cheap, they’re dirt-cheap. They recently released a $9.50 line of denim (as seen in the picture above). I dare you to find a new pair of jeans for less than $9.50, let alone a new, cute pair of jeans for less than $9.50.

The best part about Forever 21 is that they’re like a style free-for-all. Do you obsess over the hippie, flower power look? Try a pair of Forever 21’s acid washed, ripped jeans. Are you all about Lady Gaga-esque punk? Try a pair of Forever 21’s black denim with zipper detailing. Do you like to keep things classic and simple? Try a pair of Forever 21’s regular wash, boot-cut jeans. They have it all.

On Forever 21’s website, you will find an option under “Apparel” titled “Jean Shop”. In the “Jean Shop”, you have the options of browsing all denim, browsing by trend (distressed, patterned, acid washed, or stone washed), or browsing by fit (standard, petite, or extended size). I took the liberty of including some of my personal favorites, enjoy!

Price: $14.50
Fab Skinny Jeans with Zippered Pockets

Price: $14.50
Fab Zipper Denim Jeans

*These come in three colors.

Price: $19.80
Onyx Studded Skinny Jeans

*Check out the back pocket detail, I know what my next purchase will be....

Price: $9.50
Fab Skinny Ankle Jeans

Price: $9.50
Fab Skinny Jeans

Price: $22.80
Knit Panel Jeggings

Price: $22.24
Overdyed Destroyed Skinny Jeans

Price: $14.50
Fab Classic Skinny Jeans

*These come in four colors.

WORD OF ADVICE: Do not, under any circumstances, buy Forever 21 jeans without trying them on. Forever 21, though amazing, has its flaws, and weird sizing is one of them. Go to a store, try them on, then try some more on, and THEN buy them.

-Annie Wazer

No comments:

Post a Comment