Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Collection Review: Tucker for Target


Before I begin, I'm going to give a little background info on the clothing line, Tucker.

Tucker is a high end line of clothing, designed by Gaby Basora. Basora is best known for her flouncy, smocked, silk blouses, her whimsical patterns, and her bold use of color. A typical Tucker blouse will retail for somewhere around $100.

On September 12th, Target unveiled Tucker's limited-edition Target Collection consisting of jackets, sweaters, shorts, skirts, tops, and dresses, all ranging between $19.99 and $79.99.

I have been eagerly awaiting this discounted designer collection for months. I have stalked sneak peak pictures, and even made a few premature trips to Target, just to make sure the collection hadn't been released early.

September 12th came and went, and so did my excitement. Yes, Basora's whimsical patterns and silky pieces are all present and accounted for in the recently released collection. But her color choices are questionable at best, and her pieces look more frumpy than flouncy.

There are a few pieces that could be salvageable with some accessories and the right attitude, but who really wants to put in that much effort? I think I'll save my money for the next Target designer...

Top, $29.99


Top, $29.99


Dresses, $59.99 each


-Annie Wazer

No comments:

Post a Comment